Flea Control Services Company
Pest Off Pest Control provides full service flea control services, including evaluation, inspection, and extermination As a potential client, it is our responsibility to you and to all consumers to find out more about flea risk and prevention in any residential or commercial location here in the Texoma area. Pest Off Pest Control Services, a licensed Pest Control company in Texas is in business to make sure you have peace of mind about the health and welfare of your family and business when dealing with suspected flea infestations.
What are Fleas?
Fleas are a pest familiar to many pet owner. Because many species of fleas prefer to feed off of animals, pets are the most common that fleas infest a household. Although fleas prefer animals, once inside your home, they will often bite and feed off you and your family as well.
An adult flea is a small reddish-brown bug that is laterally compressed. This means that the bug is not very wide, making it easier to move between animal hairs. Fleas also have small spines on their bodies that allow them to attach to their host, preventing them from being brushed off. Additionally, a flea has a hard outer body that prevents it from being easily smashed. These adaptations mean that it can be difficult to kill these critters.
Fleas in Homes
When you have a home flea infestation, only 5 % of the fleas live on your pet. Unfortunately, that means that the other 95 % live in and around your house. Detecting fleas in homes can be very difficult because they can easily hide under the carpets and bedding. Live fleas and their dirt are the only signs of fleas in homes. But, if your pet has fleas, this means a lot more of these tiny parasites may be living in your home, both inside and outside in the lawn or yard.
Where are Fleas Found?
Check your and your pet’s bedding and you are likely to find some flea dirt, if not the live ones. Another way to confirm the fleas’ presence in your house is to fill a few shallow bowls with water and keep them in different areas of your house. It is said that water attracts fleas, so a few of the parasites will come to the water bowls and get drowned in them and you will get the proof of their presence in your home.
However, even if you cannot spot any signs of fleas in your home, you should deep clean your house. Vacuuming is one of the simplest ways to remove adult fleas, larvae, and eggs from the rugs and carpets. Also, remove all your beddings and wash them properly. Use flea treatment products for yard and other areas of the house.
How Can I Get Rid of Bed Bugs?
It usually takes multiple visits by licensed pest control operator who has experience in elimination of bed bugs. Please seek the advice of a licensed pest control operator for treatment options. Over the counter foggers and pesticides will not eliminate bed bugs.
For Reliable Flea Treatment & Extermination Services, Choose Pest Off Pest Control Residential & Commercial Flea Control Services
Pest Off Pest Control & flea treatment and exterminator company understands that you home and business should be protected from fleas and other pests. We will work with you on a plan to rid the inside and outside of your home or business of fleas. This will include washing and cleaning affected areas, bedding, clothes and other items, as well as application of liquid chemical treatments in cracks and crevices.
Pest Off’s Fleas Control Solution include:
Step 1: Flea Inspection
Your Truly Nolen technician will ask where you have experienced fleas or ticks to determine the extent of your infestation. Our professionally trained technicians will use their “think like a bug” science-based approach as they conduct a visual inspection of the likely areas of infestation, including areas where your pets have been. Your technician will take thorough notes of all findings and at the end of the inspection will outline suggestions for implementing an integrated pest management solution specific for your home. Your technician will discuss with you which areas of your home may require preparation before treatment.
Step 2: Flea Extermination Indoors
- Interior Vacuuming: Thoroughly vacuum the entire house, including hard surfaces. Shampoo or steam clean the carpeted areas. Pay special attention to any place an animal rested or where animal bedding is situated. You may also need to vacuum and treat furniture. When this is done, immediately seal your vacuum bag in a plastic bag and throw it away. Bags left around may result in fleas crawling back out and infesting your home again. All of this may kill some of the larvae; however it may also still leave some live fleas, so a chemical treatment may be necessary.
- Wash All Linens in Hot Water: Wash all linens and pet beds in order to kill possible fleas. Wash and dry any bedding at the hottest temperature it will tolerate or, if washing is not feasible, discard it in an outside trash receptacle.
- Keep Your Pet Away: To ensure the safety of you and your animals, it is recommended your veterinarian treat your pet for fleas and/or ticks on the day of your flea control service. This should prevent re-introducing the pest into the treated environment (and clean your pet, of course). Remove any pet feeding dishes or any other pet-related items from the treatment area. Keep your pet out of treated areas everything is dry (approximately one hour) while ventilating the interior.
- Interior Liquid Application: In order to provide the best long-term flea control, Pest Off will treat cracks and crevices, like those between the carpet and baseboard, with an interior liquid application applied using a low pressure spray. The treatment focus will be on surfaces where your pet(s) frequent and sleep, and any other areas where evidence of fleas or ticks was noted during inspection.
Step 3: Outdoors Area Treatment
Pets moving indoors to outdoors (and vice versa) make it virtually impossible to treat fleas and ticks without treating both the exterior and interior of your home. Freezing weather in many parts of the U.S. helps to control outside flea populations. In warm and humid climates, however, fighting fleas may be a year-round event. Fleas prefer cool, shady, moist places and especially like to hide in shrubs, leaf litter and underneath lawn structures. They cannot tolerate hot sun for long periods of time and don’t do well in open grass or in a sunny yard. These simple steps you can keep your yard less desirable for fleas and ticks to hide and lay their eggs:
- Keep Your Yard Clean: Begin by thoroughly cleaning your yard, removing yard and garden debris including stacked wood, piles of bricks, and discarded pots that are the ideal breeding ground for fleas. The more clutter, the more places fleas can take refuge. Sweep patio area and lawn furniture. Be sure to check out your pet’s favorite places to frequent when outside. Flea and tick larvae can remain within 50 feet of any cool, shady spots your pet favors.
- Mowing and Pruning: Keeping your grass, trees, and shrubs trimmed area an easy way to reduce flea and tick populations. Keep your lawn mowed to the proper height to expose the soil to sunshine, keep it dry, and remove the longer grass fleas and ticks prefer to hide in. Prune bushes and trim trees to increase the amount of sunshine in your yard. Fleas and ticks prefer a moist environment, so avoid overwatering.
Call Pest Off Today: A Flea Control Services Company with a Plan!
Pest Off is a fully licensed and insured Sherman, Texas based pest control services company. We offer professional flea treatment and extermination programs for our Texomaland residential and commercial clients. Our staff receives ongoing training to keep up with the industry’s best practices for the flea control for your home or business. When you contact us to get rid of fleas, your satisfaction is our guarantee! If you are looking for a quality Texoma-area flea extermination service, you’ve come to the right place! Call (903) 814-5002 today!