Rodent Control Services Company
Pest Off Pest Control provides full service rodent control services, including evaluation, inspection, and extermination As a potential client, it is our responsibility to you and to all consumers to find out more about spider risk and prevention in any residential or commercial location here in the Texoma area. Pest Off Pest Control Services, a licensed Pest Control company in Texas is in business to make sure you have peace of mind about the health and welfare of your family and business when dealing with suspected rat, mice and other rodent infestations.
Rodent populations grow very quickly so time is of the essence. It is best to target them when populations are small before it becomes a full-blown infestation. A successful and effective rodent control strategy typically involves sanitation measures, rodent proofing (exclusion), and population reduction (trapping).
Rodents Create Serious Health Hazards in the Home or Business
A major reason to control rodents is that they commonly carry diseases harmful to both pets and humans. Rodents taint food with waste, fur, and saliva, and industry professionals will tell you that they contaminate upwards of 10% of the food they eat. Most rodents are linked to the hantavirus pulmonary syndrome which is a disease that is reported as fatal in 36% of all reported transmitted cases.
Rodents are also known to carry fleas and ticks which can spread plague and other diseases like lymphocytic choriomeningitis viruses. These highly infectious diseases can adversely affect humans with weakened immune systems and can result in headaches, fever and even meningitis. In some rare cases such as cancer patients, this can be fatal. Equipped with large teeth, these large varieties can transmit a variety of bacteria through their saliva, feces and urine, and should not be handled by you or a member of your staff or family. Their removal should be done by a professional who is equipped and trained to identify, prevent, and apply proper rodent control practices to eliminate current infestations and/or prevent them in the future.
Rodent Control & Management Program
When Pest Off services your rodent infestation, we approach it in a way that ensures the quickest possible results. We understand each home is unique and our professionally trained technicians will conduct a thorough inspection of your home, identifying any signs of rodent activity and potential entry points, taking the time to understand your individual needs. At the end of the inspection, your pest control professional will develop a customized plan to address your specific rodent problem.
Rodent-Proofing Your Home or Business
Mice and rats don’t need a very big hole to get into your home or business. Rodents can squeeze through holes that appear to be far too small for them. Mice can enter through a hole as small as a dime; rats can enter through a hole as small as a quarter. The most successful and permanent form of rodent control is to prevent rodents from entering your home in the first place. In the phase of the rodent control service, Pest Off will “rodent proof” your home or business as they perform the inspection, applying fixes as they go.
Pest Off will inspect your property to find and any rodent entry points such as any holes, crevices, or gaps that are larger than 1/4 inch through which rodents could use to enter. By removing the places rodents have to find shelter and rest, hide, or build nests and rear young, they cannot survive in large numbers. Outdoor wood piles and other rodent shelter sites such overgrown areas with high grass or weeds will also be eliminated.
If there is an existing rodent infestation in your home or business, some form of population reduction (trapping) is necessaary. Many factors, especially placement, account for the overall success. Rats are suspicious of new things in their environment. They will avoid a freshly placed trap, so trapping could take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Pest Off will routinely check and promptly remove rodents as they are trapped. Not relying on inherently hazardous poisons lets us make sure rodents are disposed of properly, and avoid any unpleasant odors.
Ongoing Rodent Monitoring
Pest Off offers an ongoing rodent monitoring program to ensure any measures implemented to keep rodents out remain intact for the long-term. We will regularly monitor your home or business to ensure the rodent prevention plan is working as planned, making adjustments as needed. We will consult with you and show you ways to prevent future rodent infestations.
Reversing the Effects of Infestation
Even when rodents and associated insects have been eliminated, it may be necessary to sanitize your property as there may have been long term contamination left behind by rodent feces and urine. This includes:
- Cleaning up any urine and droppings. It is important not to stir up dust by sweeping or vacuuming up droppings, urine, or nesting materials.
- After the rodent droppings and urine have been removed, items that might have been contaminated by rodents or their urine and droppings will be sanitized.
- Clean and disinfect the whole area. This includes cleaning floors and countertops with disinfectant or bleach solution; Steam cleaning or shampooing upholstered furniture and carpets with evidence of rodent exposure, and washing any bedding that has been exposed to rodent urine or droppings.
- Sanitize any dead rodents or nests and the surrounding area and remove both rodents and nesting materials for disposal.
Call Pest Off Today: A Rodent Control Services Company with a Plan!
Pest Off is a fully licensed and insured Sherman, Texas based pest control services company. We offer professional rat, mice and other rodent treatment and extermination programs for our Texomaland residential and commercial clients. Our staff receives ongoing training to keep up with the industry’s best practices for the rodent control for your home or business. When you contact us to get rid of rodents, your satisfaction is our guarantee! If you are looking for a quality Texoma-area pest control service, you’ve come to the right place! Call (903) 814-5002 today!
Top Cat Breeds for DIY Rodent Control
If you have gotten your rodent problem under control working with a professional pest control company like Pest Off, you might consider adding to you ongoing rodent prevention programs by picking a family pet from this established list of “mousers”. Based on Top Cat Breeds for Catching Mice.
- Persian Although they have a lackadaisical way about them, they are known for their higher-than-average intelligence, and the females are particularly gifted at catching mice.
- Japanese Bobtail Unlike several others on the list, this is a breed that occurs in nature. They are graceful, sure-footed, and are both smart have street smarts and are excellent hunters.
- Japanese Bobtail Originally from Korea, they were bred specifically as hunting cats, helping silk factories keep the mouse population at bay.
- Turkish Angora Unlike several others on the list, the Turkish Angora is a breed that occurs in nature, rather than having been bred. They are graceful, sure-footed, and are both smart have street smarts. They bond well with most people, and are excellent hunters.
- Manx Always a popular breed for those who make their living at sea. The Manx is a skilled hunter, both aboard ships and back on dry land. On land it is a favorite among farmers who needed help keeping rodents and other pests away from crops.
- Burmese Burmese cats thriving anywhere they can be assured of a nice meal, such as bookshops, homes or even office environments. They are also intelligent and highly entertaining.
- Chartreux A popular, muscular breed and are born hunters. They also have a calm temperament and cool demeanor.
- Siamese Thai royalty spent many generations breeding these cats. The original Siamese is still a favorite mouser worldwide.
- Siberian These are big cats that weigh up to 20 pounds. They show a grace and agility that is surprising given their size.
- Maine Coon This breed has been held in high regard as mousers since colonial U.S. times. They’re also one of the largest domesticated cat breeds and are easily recognized by their long, luxurious and water-resistant fur.
- American Shorthair American Shorthairs have lived alongside humans for roughly three centuries and were originally brought to the U.S. from the U.K. In addition to their hunting abilities, they are also quite affectionate, are well-deserving the top spot on the list.
Texoma Pest Control Services
Commercial Pest Control
Commercial buildings have a lot more variation depending on the business involved (food service, healthcare, retail, etc.) and commercial pest control companies have the experience to create custom treatment plans to account for those variations.
Because commercial pest control companies have more experience working with custom environments, they also have more experience with offering long term preventative measures. Sometimes a businesses’ building is more susceptible to pests because of its location or other residents. Those types of uncontrollable factors are taken into account by commercial pest control companies. They can offer you long term preventative solutions, such as preventative traps in and around the building.
Businesses are less likely to get bedbugs, but they’re more likely to Pest Offs like rats and cockroaches, because it’s more common to have a commercial building closer to environments (for instance, abandoned property) where those types of creatures thrive. You want to make sure you choose a company that specializes in the type of pest that’s bothering you.
The homes most of us live in are fundamentally very similar to each other. That means that the pest control problem encountered by the typical homeowner tend to be similar, as well. Most pest problems found in homes can be solved using the same couple approaches every time.
Most often, homes tend to attract similar certain varieties of pests that thrive on the day to day life that goes on inside. You’re more likely to find ants, bedbugs, and termites inside of residential homes because they more commonly contain the fabric-heavy environments they prefer. While you won’t need a commercial pest control company for the typical home pest extermination, treatment and management needs, a company that offers commercial pest treatment services will have a much broader range of experience and be more likely to find more innovative solutions than the company that only provides home pest control services.